Guest Chef - Love Served Daily
When you walk into the kitchen of the Ronald McDonald House and a group of volunteers are preparing a home cooked meal for the families, you can just smell the love in the air. It is the aromas of a home cooked meal or freshly baked cookies, and so much more. It is comfort food, healing the mind and spirits of families coming home after a long, stressful day at the hospital caring for their loved ones.
"The best part of being a Guest Chef is making the lives of guests a little easier, while they are going through difficult times." -Casco Bay Sunrise Rotary Club.
- Family meals should serve approximately 25 people.
- Dinner is served buffet style at 6 pm. Groups should arrive between 4 - 4:30 p.m.
- Breakfast is served at 9 am on Saturday and Sunday only.
- Groups should be limited to 6 people.
- All food must be prepared in RMH's kitchen, with the exception of food prepared in a commercial kitchen.
To Schedule a Meal
- Review Guest Chef Calendar below.
- Email Gabrielle Booth your date request (date is not guaranteed until confirmation email received).
- Once your meal date has been confirmed, please email your menu to Gabrielle so it can be added to the calendar below and shared with our guests.
- Complete the Volunteer Application, and Background Screening and Confidentiality Forms. (Groups should submit one form using the group lead's information).
- Download and review the Guest Chef program guidelines.
- Pick an available date from the Guest Chef Calendar below.
Email Gabrielle your date request (date is not guaranteed until confirmation email received) and arrange to have a House tour at least one week prior to your meal date. You will be asked to provide a few details about your group in the body of the email. Please be sure to provide all requested information.
- Return completed application packet to Gabrielle.